- Guitar fan Chris Black of London actually had a wedding ceremony to officially marry his Fender Stratocaster last year.
- Another impassioned fan, T. Winterbottom of Lancashire, England, created a life-sized Fender guitar out of 7,000 matchsticks.
- There's the Fender lover who tattooed a Stratocaster and Fender logo on his right forearm.
- An Italian collector paid $324,000 at a Sotheby's auction for the badly scratched and cigarette burned Fender Stratocaster owned by Jimi Hendrix. It went for three times the expected price -- and holds the record for the world's most expensive guitar.
- The neck of the giant Fender Stratocaster-shaped Hard Rock Cafe in Orlando, Fla., stretches over the street to make an awsome overpass.
- The slot machine arms in the Las Vegas Hard Rock Hotel were made by the Fender Guitar Custom Shop to look like Fender guitar necks.
- The Hard Rock in New York City proudly sports a huge guitar-shaped bar in Fender's distinctive sunburst finish.
- A Fender Stratocaster is carved into Jimi Hendrix's tombstone.
- There are four versions of the Standard Strat (Squier, Squier Affinity, MIM, MIA Strat). The list prices range from $180-$1,000
- The most expensive production Strat is the USA Richie Sambora Strat which is $1800 list. Theretially you could get a Strat costing millions from the custom shop.
- The 70's Strats started having a "big" headstock. Now the Strats have the original, or small size, headstock.
3470 total views, 1 so far today