RARE GERMAN MADE SHADOW ELECTRONICS STRAT STYLE GUITAR MODEL S 140 LK
- Fender 57 vintage reissue
- Year made : 1986-1987
- Colour : Black
- Frets condition : 90%
- Overall condition : 8.5/10
- All parts are stock - no modification.
- Comes with original hardcase, tremolo arm bar and remaining 2 tremolo springs (3 installed)
- Volume pot serial : R1378702
- Tone pots same serial : R1378650
- No date on neck butt but please read explanation in para 2 of description below
- Neck plate serial V021XXX
- 3 way switch installed
- Original tweed case consistent with the smaller "pointed" clip lock located beside the handle found prior to 1988 cases.
- This guitar was purchased in early 1987. All parts stock with no mods. Because it was made end of 1986 or early 1987, we have pots both made in Dec 86 and Jan 87. Serial number on neck plate is consistent with this period bearing V021XXX.
- There is no pencil dated on the neck which is not uncommon in the 80's. This is what Bob Willocks from Fender Consumer Relations said when I asked about the absence of date on neck butt, I quote:
- "Yes, they could certainly be absent, faded or smeared... I don't see anything that would make me think the guitar is not authentic. Yes it's absolutely possible that no one penciled the info in on the neck. It wasn't a build criteria back then.
- Cosmetically, there are flaws. From the pictures you will see small dings in a couple of areas. Paint work on the body has hairline crack due to age. But these cracks are merely on the paint and does not affect body structure or playability. These are the kind of cracks you see on custom shop relics. There are parts of the neck where lacquer has worn and you will see discoloration. Again this is purely on the lacquer and you will not feel any unevenness when you run your hand over. Neck is smooth matt feeling like a Rory Gallagher custom shop strat.
- Having describe the flaws, this guitar is absolutely in 100% working condition. Playability is great and has lots of fret life on it. Tone is excellent, one of the nicest piece of maple neck Fender I have heard.
Before You Bid
DO NOT BID if you don't have the intentions to honor your payment.
Please understand that this is a used guitar so as much as I try my best to describe, do exercise a little give and take. If in doubt, please feel free to ask before bidding. Let's avoid making one another unhappy and keep eBay a pleasant environment to buy and sell.
$188 (estimated 11 working days *) to the following:
Austria/ Belgium / Denmark / Finland / France / Ireland / Norway / Portugal / Sweden / UK / US
$168 (estimated 10 working days*) to the following:
Canada / Germany / Netherlands / Switzerland
$157 (estimated 8 working days*) to the following:
$134 (estimated 8 working days*) to the following:
$108 (estimated 7 working days*) to the following:
Hong Kong / Thailand
Insurance is included. For destinations not listed, please contact me before
bidding because my shipping company may not ship there. I will do an
excellent job in packing.
I will be willing to use faster courier service as long as you are willing to pay for the cost difference.
*These timings are estimate, may be more or less. It is also dependent on your local custom clearance.
I DO NOT accept credit cards or Paypal. Payment ONLY via bank transfer.
Please contact me within 24 hours of winning the auction and process payment within 3 working days.
I will provide you my bank SWIFT code after you have won the bid.
If you would like to suggest other payment methods, please write in. But no credit card or Paypal, sorry.
I have been on eBay for many years and to date have a 100% positive feedback. I do hope to keep it that way by continuing with great service.
Have fun bidding!
1134 total views, 1 so far today
You must be logged in to inquire about this ad.